On Saturday February 26th, the World House Choir will be one of eight choirs from across Southwest Ohio that will join in song to celebrate and honor Dr. Ysaye Maria Barnwell, singer and composer, who will be in attendance.
To attend you need to register for a free ticket here. Attendees must show ID and proof of full vaccination and be masked throughout the performance.
The concert will also be live-streamed beginning this Saturday afternoon at 3:15 PM EST here. Once you are on the site, you will be able to watch the concert and download the printed program. The concert will be recorded and available to watch later at the same website.
No stranger to the Greater Cincinnati Area, Dr. Barnwell has been commissioned by MUSE, Cincinnati’s Women’s Choir, the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center Groundbreaking Choir and conducted workshops with MUSE, the Martin Luther King Chorale and prison choirs across the state of Ohio. Her decades long affiliation with Dr. Catherine Roma, World House Choir artistic director, has resulted in unprecedented collaborations and inspiring performances.
Performing various pieces from Barnwell’s extensive choral compositional repertoire will be:
• Jeremy Winston Chorale, Jeremy Winston, Artistic Director
• KUJI Men’s Chorus of Marion Correctional Institution (Via Video) Dr. Catherine Roma, Artistic Director
• Mount Saint Joseph University Singers, Danielle Cozart Steele, Director of Choral Activities
• MUSE, Cincinnati’s Women’s Choir, Jillian Harrison-Jones, Music Director
• South Avondale Elementary School, Bishop Todd O’Neal, Music Director
• World House Choir, Dr. Catherine Roma, Artistic Director
• Young Professionals Choral Collective, Danielle Cozart Steele, Artistic Director